If you want a beautiful lawn this summer, but don’t want to spend hours each week tending to your lawn, we have some tips that will make life easier for you.
Here’s how to maintain your lawn in the summer and understand what factors can reduce, or improve, the quality of your lawn.
Summer is a great time to get outside and enjoy the weather, and we’ve (thankfully) had some warm (and very warm) recent temperatures in Massachusetts.
Unfortunately, high heat and humidity can be tough on your lawn, which needs special care during these hot months to remain healthy, retain that lush green, and prevent damage, weed growth, insect infestation, and disease. Follow these tips for a healthy and green lawn during the sweltering summer season:
- Water regularly
- One way you can protect your lawn is by watering it frequently. Make sure not to water it too much though, or your grass will turn yellow and become wilted.
- Regular mowing – but let the grass grow taller and longer
- Another way you can protect your lawn from the heat is by letting the turf grow taller and longer. This provides some shade for your yard during the hottest times of the day in summer, since grass needs height and density for maximum protection against hot temperatures.
- Apply fertilizer and weed control
- Lawns need fertilizer and weed control throughout the season for plant growth, weed control, and insect/disease prevention. Without fertilizer and weed control, you will have an unhealthy lawn.
- It’s also important to know when to apply which particular products so that you can achieve optimum results, avoid wasting time or money, or worse, damaging your lawn.
- Consider hiring an expert to assist in your lawn’s health
- Lawn care is not an easy job to do on your own. It can be tricky, difficult, time-consuming, pricey, and frustrating to do on your own
- A professional lawn care expert knows and understands the best techniques for maintaining your lawn. The professionals will know exactly what type of products to apply and when to apply them, how often you need to water your lawn, and factor in a plethora of other factors specific to your lawn’s unique needs.
- Wrapping Up
- Well-maintained grass generally requires less work than poorly maintained grass.
- With the tips listed above, hiring a professional for assistance with your lawn can help you experience a healthy, green, low-maintenance lawn all summer long.
- If you want a beautiful lawn this summer, but don’t have the time to spend hours each week or have to try to figure it out on your own, we can help.
- Green Horizons Landscaping offers affordable, full-service lawn care programs to keep your lawn green and healthy. Contact Green Horizons Landscaping and let us help. We offer professional lawn care services to help you experience a healthy and green lawn in the summer.
Do you want
Your lawn looking its best all season without any effort on your part?
It’s worth investing in a professional lawncare service.
Green Horizons Landscaping provides full-service lawncare and landscaping services in and around the Massachusetts South Shore.